- TRACEY SLEDGEManager, Co-OwnerAfter moving back to CA from an overseas assignment in Singapore in 2000, Tracey began taking yoga classes at the gym. The cross training was exactly what she needed to balance the high impact exercise she had been doing for years. When she took her first Bikram hot yoga class, she was impressed with the overall workout for both the mind and body. Her practice deepened while living in Milan, Italy for 18 months, practicing on her own. In 2006, she began teaching the Dayton Method hot yoga in CA. She left her executive position at a large industrial company to take the 9 week intensive Bikram teacher training and was certified in July 2009. She continues her education by attending Yoga Journal conferences, taking workshops and by practicing yoga with other teachers. She has taught and practiced yoga in CA, CO and now in Destin, FL.
- JOHN JAKUBIAKManager, Co-OwnerBeing a retired Navy Bomb Technician and a former defense contractor, I first started practicing yoga in 2012 as a way to increase flexibility and improve overall health. I became interested in hot yoga and started doing it exclusively. Recently I completed my 200 hour yoga teacher training under Peter Kaaberbaal in Costa Rica. and teach an alignment based vinyasa flow class. I am currently splitting my time between commercial beekeeping and operating Destin Hot Yoga.
- JESSICA DUNLAPAssistant Studio Manager
Jessica began her yoga journey in 2008. Her first yoga class was a fitness requirement for college. She finished her two year degree, only to find herself lost on what she wanted to do with her life. A friend suggested Hot Yoga, and Jessica started practicing regularly, letting yoga "happen" to her. Soon after, she was asked to participate in the 200-hour yoga teacher training program. She threw herself into her practice and teaching others. After a year, Jessica felt a calling to join the military. She was in the Air Force for 3 years, and it was then that she fully realized where she belonged; on the mat teaching others. She encourages anyone and everyone to let yoga "happen" to them at their own pace and to receive all of the inner and outer benefits of the beautiful practice.
- MICHELE JORGECYT500, AcupuncturistMy personal mission statement is to accept that you are whole and complete right now. When I teach yoga, my intention is to heal. Yoga to me means recognizing the “union” and power within yourself. Yoga assists you in reprogramming your mental, emotional and physical state of being. With that you are able to live a blissful life. My lineage of teaching includes, Hatha, Vinyasa and Kundalini Yoga. In class, I include the muscle groups we are working and the benefits of the poses. I will always encourage you to go further into the pose if you are ready. Many of my teachers have taken me to the next level just by encouraging exploration of the body and pose. I am not focused on the destination of yoga practice but on the present moment and the journey of each pose.
- FRANK KAESSERCYT200I have been practicing Yoga on and off since 1999 because I thoroughly enjoy the practice. I find that Yoga offers benefits on multiple levels. My enthusiasm has generated within me ta desire to share with others this journey of enlightenment. Therefore, in 2014, I earned a 200 Hour Level I teacher Training Certificate in a style of Hatha Yoga called “The Barkan Method”. It is a derived from a lineage in Calcutta, India and while it stems from this particular lineage, it also integrates postures from other styles of Yoga to create variation and an even greater range of motion. This style of Yoga is best practiced in a heated environment to simulate the conditions where it was originally developed and to better stretch and strengthen various areas of the body, but it may be practiced in a more temperate climate as well. The practice brings vital balance and restores all systems to optimal health. Consistency will create a physical, mental and spiritual harmony that will be felt in all areas of the practitioner’s life
- ANGEL RAZZACYT200I first started yoga in 2008 and realized early on the great benefits of this amazing practice! After noticing the improvement of my mental focus, balance, flexibility, energy levels, muscle toning and strengthening, and diminished stress, I finally committed and dedicated to a 1 ½ to 3 hour daily practice here at Destin Hot Yoga. DHY offered a great variety of yoga including Bikram and Barkan well as Yin and restorative practices. At that point it was only natural for me to transition from a yoga enthusiast to an enthusiastic yoga instructor! I then completed a 200 YTT Yoga Alliance teacher training course and have been sharing my passion ever since.