Our goal at Destin Hot Yoga is to create a sanctuary where you can safely practice yoga in an environment that fosters the sense of community and connection… to each other as well as between your mind and body. With this in mind, please do your best to respect others and observe the following:
- Arrive early to class to ensure your spot and give you time to settle in. This also enables our front desk staff to get everyone registered and allows class to start on time.
- Bring only your mat, towel and water into the yoga studio room. Leave all other possessions, including cell phones in the cubbies outside of the yoga room. Please leave your shoes on the floor outside of the cubbies to help foster cleanliness.
- Please avoid using perfume, cologne or any other strong scent before coming to our studio.
- Observe silence when you enter the yoga room out of respect for other practitioners. This is especially important during final savasana, please leave the room quietly.
- If you rent a mat or towel, please place the towels in the laundry bin outside the yoga room and leave your mat on the floor. Our friendly staff will clean the mat and hang it to dry for you.
- If you used any props (blocks, straps, blankets/ bolsters), please put them back neatly as you found them in the back area of the studio.
- Blankets and bolsters ARE NOT to be used for any hot or warm yoga class, only Non-heated classes, please.
- Do your best to stay in the room for the whole class. If you need to leave, please do so between postures and make eye contact with the teacher to let them know you are OK.
- You are your own best teacher. Please practice yoga safely and don’t push yourself beyond where you are today. If you are struggling, take child’s or corpse pose to rest and recover. Please refrain from grunting or making noise, this usually means you are pushing too hard. Remember every posture you do is optional. Just breathe and when you are ready to join class again, please do it between postures.
- Leave your ego and all worries behind as you ease into your practice and life. Yoga is about exploring your body so you can live a more fulfilled life, Enjoy!